Sunday, July 14, 2013

July 8-14

Monday: Biking (2:15ish)
Didn't feel like running so I went for a 30ish mile bike ride to the river, didn't bring my watch but it was around 2:15 I think. It was really fun ride, first time in Blacksburg, New River was REALLY high, good thing I decided not to go tubing there Sunday
Tuesday: 6.7 (59:09)
Ran poverty to Jacobs to horse, I was tired of running slow so I picked it up a bit but the climb up Jacobs ladder was really slow, washed out trail and pretty muddy. Other than the climb up I felt pretty fast without giving it a real hard effort.
Wednesday: 10 (1:25:22)
Ran from my house up Old farm and back down. Really good run with about 1,500 ft of gain thrown in there trying to run this more often as it spares me the use of my car and allows for some good turnover.
Thursday: 10.6 (1:32:49)
Same as yesterday except I ran back through the bike path at the Old farm parking lot.I was pretty dehydrated for the last couple of miles and had a sore ankle coming down OF. Really like this run though, plenty of ways to add variation to it.
Friday: 14 (2:15:18)
Ran from my house up OF and down beast and up snake and back. Really fun run, deliberately slowed down and hiked up parts of OF and snake root to keep an easy effort for the day. Ankle felt better and I had a water bottle with me for the run. I was hoping it would be an extra mile longer but I suppose I need to go Beauty and the Beast hook up for that. This is what I envision will be my mid week long run, adding some extra miles on to it though, as its half road and half trail. My NB 890's are almost perfect road to trail, plenty of cush for the roads and enough grip and protection on the trail. The only thing I don't like about them is the drop (8mm) and the sort of sloppy fit going downhill. Good day out running though.
Saturday: nothing
Someone broke my car window Friday night which prevents me from driving places until Monday when the repair shops open. I was planning on running the triple crown section (Tinkers-McAffes-Dragonstooth) of the Catawba runaround loop with Guy and Jordan but had no way of getting there. Didn't feel much like running today after that letdown so I didn't.
Sunday:  Biking 2:45ish
Didn't feel like running again today plus I couldn't get to the trails I wanted to anyways, biked up Tabor down Blacksburg/Harding. Easy off day but bonked right as I hit Harding, which made the climb up a little more exciting than I was planning on.

Totals
Bike: 75 miles (5ish hours)
Run: 41.3 miles (6:12)
I was expecting to do a lot more miles this week but things happen, like getting your window broken... Anyways I got a good amount of biking in, which is always nice, to mix things up. I wanted to get around 80 miles this week but only got around half since I couldn't do anything on the weekend. Next week Ill have my car fixed and am trying to get around 80-90 miles so that should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment