Tuesday, July 23, 2013

July 15-21

Monday: 8 (1:03)
Was going to do my usual run from my house to old farm but I was feeling sick adn it was hot so I turned around at the gateway sign and came back. Did not feel that great.
Tuesday: 11.5
SUPER FUN run up the cascades to Barney's Wall and Butt mountain. Felt pretty crappy at the start going uphill so I told Guy I might turn around after we got to Barney's wall but ended up feeling good after we got there so I made it up to the top of Butt. Ran back down and swam in the cascades which felt AMAZING, like seriously I thought I was in a sprite commercial or something. However this was not that smart of a decision to jump into cold water after being hot when I have a cold.
Wednesday: nada
Felt pretty shitty today, realizing yesterdays decision was not the smartest thing to do
Thursday: nothing again
Friday: 5.7
Ran an easy loop with Rudy before a big day tomorrow
Saturday: 16 (long ass time)
Well I was hoping my cold wouldn't rear its ugly head today but it did unfortunately. I was feeling better everyday so I thought I could do 26 miles and let Rudy and Jordan go for the next two hours while I wait at the car but things didnt go as planned, The plan was to go from Craig's creek along the AT to dragons tooth then turn around and run another 5-10 miles on the other side for an 8 hour run. I died at mile 9 and hiked up to dragons tooth and ran down to the parking lot where Kristen picked me up (thank you SOOO MUCH!!). It was a beautiful day outside though which made my slow hike much more enjoyable.
Sunday: off
Didn't want to do any amount of running today

Total
Running: 41.2 miles
Wow! I was really humbled by what a cold can do to you this week. Did not expect to shutdown on a run but I guess thats how it goes sometimes. Decent amount of miles though surprisingly this week. I don't really need to be putting in a huge amount of training so it feels good not to be disappointed that I didn't get a certain amount of miles in or time this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment