Friday, March 21, 2014

Synchroblog: UltraVT

Hey everyone, my ultrarunnning club at our school s doing a synchroblog project getting everyone to post a blog today, Friday March 21st. The reason for this is for us all to answer questions together in the same kind of format. I'll link the other blogs after I post this because I don't know how many of these kids are doing it.

Rudy's blog
Alex's blog
Brett's blog
Rachel's blog
Kristen's blog

How do you describe to a stranger UltraVT?

Well generally I would describe UltraVT as a bunch of guys and girls that love being outside primarily and use running as the means to explore and experience the great outdoors. Naturally the longer and crazier the adventure the better, so that's why we all gravitated towards ultra-distance running.

When did you get involved with UltraVT?

I got involved with the club fall of 2013 after gobblerfest and signed up with the club.

How do you see yourself within UltraVT?

I see myself as a team member encouraging others to pursue their goals and to help out with achieving them. We really don't have any true leaders, more of an organic group of people inspiring each other.

What is your favorite aspect of UltraVT?

My favorite aspect of UltraVT is without a doubt the communal aspect of the club. I have never met a more inpsiring group of people who are equally as encouraging as they are inspiring. with that the whole group sort of feeds of each other performing better and doing bigger and more epic challenges.

What's your favorite trail run in the Blacksburg vicinity?

My favorite run directly in Blackburg is Horse Nettle Snake root combo in Pandapas Pond, it was the first trail run I went on here in Blacksburg and was super inspiring/awesome to have the feeling of running up and down a mountain. That was something I could have never dreamed of in Texas. In the general area around Blacksburg, my favorite would have to be North Mountain trail. No one really knows about it too much so you're pretty much out there by yourself, which is great considering the AT right next to it can get super crowded. It's directly across from the dragonstooth parking lot and all the trails are pretty technical and have lots of vert.

Any secrets you'd like to share?

A lacrosse ball is the best for getting out deep muscle cramps, also being injured sucks.

Favorite post race meal?

Definitely a burrito, no contest.

Fun Question
What's your favoite beer?

Anything from Asheville, I went there for a race in February and all of the beers there were amazing. The ones I had were French Broad Wee Heavy Scotch ale, Green Man ESB, Highland Gaelic, Pisgah Pale Ale, Pisgah Porter. I think my favorite out of all of those was the Porter because I brought back a growler and went to a party with my tri-club and ultra friends and we all passed it around.



No comments:

Post a Comment